5-ways to enjoy a paperless APP Conference
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/139118283″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
Please refer to the next post on TOOLS in conjunction with this post.
1. Business Cards
Method A) Send to Shoeboxed and have them automatically appear in your Evernote Account
Click here to learn how to set this up in 4 easy steps.
Method B) (for iPhone/iPad only), Scan via Evernote Mobile App
- Scan via Evernote App
- Contact information automatically extracted via in-built recognition capability.
- Choose to add to your phone contacts as well as your chosen Evernote notebook
- Add connection to LinkedIn to have this information (if available) included.
2. Brochures & Other Information booklets
These can be manually scanned, but this can be made simple via Shoeboxed.
*I have organised a special trial for APP 2014 delegates & friends, where a ‘magic envelope’ will be mailed to you post-conference or you can even send you APP 2014 satchel via the reply paid instructions (emailed to you). Please click here to register for this free trial offer.
How does Shoeboxed work?
How does the documents that Shoeboxed scan for me appear in Evernote?
refer to 1) Business Cards, and this:
3. Taking notes in conference sessions
This can be via any or all of the following methods with Evernote:
- Text (including basic formatting, eg. BOLD, underline), document the key points or any ideas that come to mind.
- Audio: To record for playback later (please note that should you wish to access other notes in your Evernote Account whilst recording, i would suggest using a basic Voice/Audio recording app on your iPhone/Android instead, as the minute you close the note, it will stop the recording. It is however fine to leave the evernote app to open an internet browser or a different app without disrupting the recording)
- Photo/Camera Take a picture of any of the presenters slides that interest you. As discussed, Evernote can recognise any text (even that inside a photo) so you can search for any key words from the presentation slides.
- Tasks you can place check boxes at the foot of your notes for action items that you may like to follow-up on. You are also able to set a reminder attached to this note, so that Evernote can prompt you into action post-conference. Keep the momentum going!
4. Photo Scanning
You are able to use your smartphone’s (iPhone/Android) or Tablet’s (iPad/Android) camera to scan any brochures, business cards or information collected in Step 1 or 2. Evernote has a dedicated Document Camera setting which when used with the latest (less than 12 months old) smartphones you can get adequate resolution to allow Evernote to recognise each word and letter. If scanning business cards, follow Step 2, and select Business Card mode.
5. Social Media
Get involved and read all the latest program, speaker and trade exhibition updates by following @APPConf2014.
Use #APP2014 to join the APP conversation!
Follow twitter contributors like @cathiereid or @nickodonoghue or @pharmacy_news, and they will give you a front row seat to their great insights from the conference sessions LIVE.
In larger sessions, it may not be possible to ask the presenter a direct question (or is time limited), or you may think of a question after the session has been completed. All would seem lost.. but as most presenters have (or should have) twitter and linkedin accounts you can pubicly or privately discuss your questions with them via these social networks.
With those tips onboard you’re sure to get the maximum benefit from APP 2014, and turn opportunities and knowledge into action back in your pharmacies!
If this has been of some benefit to you or of no benefit, i’d love to hear from you either by leaving a comment or touching base in-person at APP.
Have a great conference!
Click here to keep updated on Transpharmation’s book journey