THIS EPISODE FEATURES:
- Interview with Allan Sheffield (Managing Director) & Sam Mostafa (Pharmacist Consultant) – GenesFx
- Pharmacogenomics and Precision Medicine
- Gear up for APP 2015 with our dedicated resources page.
- Event Planning for Flu Vaccination Clinics
Resources and Links:
- GenesFx Website
- Article in The Age (Melbourne, Australia) – Personalised prescribing promises to save mental health millions
- President Obama – Precision Medicine
- 2008 Deloitte Research on Effectiveness and Outcomes of Pharmacogenomics
- APP 2015 Resources
- Organise a FREE Quick Chat or Chin-wag at APP
- Register for FREE Meetup at APP 2015
- 5 Prescriptions for a Stress Free Holiday
- Join.me (Web based collaboration & Screen Sharing)
- Register for Google Apps for Pharmacy Webinar, Friday 20th February 1pm (hosted by Robert Sztar & Adrian Cosman-Jones) includes LIVE Demo’s of Case Examples discussed today
- Register for FREE Webinar Replay- Do you have the tools to create your best year ever?
What is DNA Dose? and Pharmacogenomics
Channel 9 Feature
My 3 Key Learnings
- Pharmacogenomics can make medicine expenditure (up to $12B estimated in 2008 by Deloitte, see resources) more sustainable and deliver higher quality patient outcomes with reduced levels of misadventure.
- From little things big things grow.. and the insight gain from pharmacogenomics is just the beginning of data driven knowledge that we can translate into patient wisdom
- Precision Medicine is here now, some may consider this type of prescribing as speculative, but with recent announcement of the heavy investment by US Government the momentum will only continue to build.
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU!
We’re building smarter, more successful, 21st century pharmacies here everyday!
Drop in, and say hi – jump onboard the Transpharmation train to freedom! It’s FREE to join
OVER TO YOU!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!