In these rapidly changing times, we could be forgiven for thinking only of what strategies will allow my pharmacy to survive this year, let alone 5 years from now. But thinking only of survival, and playing the numbers game has seen a strong ‘what’s in it for me’ pharmacy culture developing as we look to reduce operational costs. In addition, in the absence of focus on innovation, our team members now enter our businesses more focused on their financial rewards, and less on career and business development. Having received more professional certainty in the next 5 years from the 6CPA, we must now look to reverse this trend to maximise our success potential. If you would like to know how to create a strong team culture that resonates with your pharmacy’s vision and core values, then you won’t want to miss this episode of the Transpharmation Show.. Here’s a short video of reason’s why you should tune in today!
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- How to calculate the true cost of your inventory
- Why creating a culture and core values in your business is important
- What is a BHAG?
- How to communicate your pharmacy’s vision with your team
- How to handle team members who don’t connect with your core values and mission.
- How to ensure you only hire people who fit your culture
- How to lay the foundations and starting creating your pharmacy’s culture
- Technology tools to complement face-to-face events and communication
00:00 Show Introduction
00:45 Opening Segment: Weekly Check-In, Pharmacy Freedom Index Insight, How to calculate the true cost of your inventory
11:52 Introduction to Tristan White
12:57 Background into the evolution of The Physio Co.
17:52 Why creating a culture and core values in your business is important
09:40 Why you should paint a picture of your future?
21:32 The Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal
24:28 Communicating your vision with your team
28:40 What happens when your team don’t connect with your vision?
31:29 ..and if you had to do it again, what would you change?
34:02 Only hire people who fit your culture
34:54 Your first steps to creating your pharmacy’s culture?
37:12 How to keep your culture alive and strong across multiple sites/locations
40:22 Technology to complement face-to-face events & communication
41:52 The Future
44:58 3 Key Learnings
48:15 Transpharmation Motivational Quote of the Week & Next Week
Resources and Links mentioned:
- Culture is Everything Checklist (Download) – 19 Steps to building a great place to work
- The Physio Co. – Culture Book (2015 Version)
- The Physio Co. – Website
- Tristan White – Culture is Everything (Blog)
- Good to Great – Jim Collins
- Yammer – The Enterprise Social Network
- Episode 35 – Mark Lehmann (SaaSU)
- Episode 44 – Amanda Fisher (Xero & Connected Accountants)
- Episode 45 – Peter Saccasan (SaaSU & RSM Bird Cameron)
- Episode 29 – Simon Foster (Shoeboxed Australia)
- Download your FREE Audiobook, and get a FREE 30-day Audible Trial
- Transpharmation Program Brochure
- Learn about the ‘Transpharmation’ Discovery Session
- SHARE the Transpharmation Show with a colleague, send them to transpharmationshow.com.au
- Register for the FREE ‘Build your customised retail category’ masterclass with Hilary Kahn (Limited to 100 seats only)
- Last Days.. Grab the REPLAY of – Create your ‘SMART’ Pharmacy Exit Masterclass with Geoff Green
Video’s and Documents:
Transpharmation ‘Motivational’ Quote of the Week
“A culture of discipline is not a principle of business, it is a principle of greatness.” – Jim Collins
This week’s episode of ‘Transpharmation’ is brought to you by:
My 3 Key Learnings:
- Use the 5 year window to create and implement a clear vision & tell everyone
- What is your BHAG? You and your team should use the same language
- Communication must be flexible, face-to-face, frequent, and fun
I value every review I receive and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU!
OVER TO YOU!
Let me know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!
Get your 34-page Transpharmation Magazine for FREE! (Click HERE)
- Bite-sized strategies from leading industry experts in 9 critical areas of your business:
- People Management
- Patient Experience
- Partnerships with Suppliers & Healthcare Practitioners
- IT Systems
- Read anywhere/anytime
- No app’s/software to download
- Subscriber bonuses worth over $400