Discover your purpose
I’ve got a big question for you.. When you woke up this morning, was It easy to jump out of bed with lot’s of energy? or did you just hit the snooze button (don’t worry we’ve all been there), eventually getting up, and struggling to get on with the day? It’s often in these moments that we’ll find we’re lacking a strong purpose to ignite our fire on a daily basis. As our guest this week Jesper Lowgren shares with us, If you haven’t discovered or are connected with your purpose, all the smartest technology in the world can’t help you and your business. If you would like to learn how to discover your purpose, and use it to transform your pharmacy into an extraordinary business, then you won’t want to miss this episode of the Transpharmation Show.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- How to discover your purpose
- World leading examples of business transformation
- What Einstein can teach us about new thinking
- How to connect your purpose with your business
- Why differentiation is not as important as agility
- What is digital disruption, and what does it mean for your pharmacy
00:45 First Segment
13:10 Introduction to Jesper Lowgren
14:00 Why is purpose important?
18:59 Lighting or Rekindling your passion and purpose in Pharmacy
21:39 A world leading example of discovering your purpose
25:58 Start with your why?
30:02 Connecting your purpose with your business.
35:45 Purpose gives your business focus and helps to filter out the noise.
37:43 Lessons from Einstein, The importance of new perspectives and thinking.
39:07 The Digital Disruption
41:11 Your first steps an exercise
45:19 Change: The need for Simplicity, Scalability and Agility, examples of technologies to enable this.
49:41 Digital Disruption Examples
51:35 Does your purpose ever change? Values and Beliefs
55:33 The Future
61:41 3-Key Learnings
66:28 Transpharmation Motivational Quote of the Week & Next Week.
Resources and Links mentioned:
- Jesper Lowgren’s Website & Book
- Working Cloud (Business Dashboard)
- Episode 42 – Iven Frangi
- Episode 31 – Peter Feros
- Episode 43 – Ian Bennett
- Episode 27- George Alam
- POS Works
- Transpharmation Book
- Pharmacy Freedom Index
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim, Renee Mauborgne
- Register for the FREE Replay ‘Build your customised retail category’ masterclass with Hilary Kahn (Available until 23/9/15)
Transpharmation (The Book) turned 1 on Tuesday! and to celebrate I’ll give you FREE (Normally $197) lifetime access to my popular ‘How to communicate effectively with your team in ONLY 20 minutes/week’ e-course (contains over 90 minutes of video, template, and tutorials), all you need to do is either:
Transpharmation ‘Motivational’ Quote of the Week
“The Brands that will Thrive in the coming years are the ones that have a purpose beyond profit” – Richard Branson
This week’s episode of ‘Transpharmation’ is brought to you by:
My 3 Key Learnings:
- Start with Why
- Connect your purpose with your passion to create the extraordinary
- Be Agile
I value every review I receive and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU!
OVER TO YOU!
Let me know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!
Get your 34-page Transpharmation Magazine for FREE! (Click HERE)
- Bite-sized strategies from leading industry experts in 9 critical areas of your business:
- People Management
- Patient Experience
- Partnerships with Suppliers & Healthcare Practitioners
- IT Systems
- Read anywhere/anytime
- No app’s/software to download
- Subscriber bonuses worth over $400