Pharmacy Professional Services and Technology
I’ve got no doubt you’ve noticed that our role as pharmacists continues to evolve and change at rate quicker than at any other stage in our history. We are moving away from the ‘old’ supply and transaction model to the ‘new’ which see’s us specialising in professional services and a deeper role in primary healthcare. It is not an easy transition for any pharmacy to make, especially when attempting to integrate these new opportunities into our existing business models. That being said, there are inspiring colleagues amongst us who would love to share their successes in ‘crossing the chasm’. If you would like to learn how you can succeed in implementing (multiple) professional services by leveraging technology, then you won’t want to miss this episode of the Transpharmation Show.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- How to keep up to date with technology and its best purposes in a pharmacy business
- Pharmacy Retailing
- Examples of technology successfully implemented in a pharmacy business
- How to improve your pharmacy retail experience through integration with the dispensary to create a whole store patient solution
- What is a Slasher? Why it helps creates an abundance of opportunities for pharmacists
- How young pharmacists can create their own employment opportunities
00:48 First Segment: PBN ‘Pharmacy of the Future’ Review, World Pharmacist’s Day, Issue 3 – Transpharmation Magazine Preview
16:22 Introduction to Catherine Bronger
17:50 What did you imagine your first pharmacy would look like?
21:33 The new pharmacy world (old meeting new)
22:52 Pharmacy Retailing
24:38 How to keep up to date with technology and its best purposes in a pharmacy business
27:21 Examples of technology successfully implemented in your pharmacy business
30:18 24-hour pharmacy trade
32:38 Improving efficiency and workflow of professional services through technology use
35:39 Point of care diagnostics and Wearable Technology
42:08 e-Health opportunities
45:11 Improving the pharmacy retail experience through integration with the dispensary to create a whole-store patient solution
46:59 e-Commerce & Mobile Applications and the omnichannel patient experience
49:38 Why embracing technology is important
51:41 What is a Slasher? Why it helps creates an abundance of opportunities for pharmacists
53:55 How young pharmacists can transform the pharmacies of their employers
55:42 How young pharmacists can create their own employment opportunities
57:14 The Future
59:38 3-Key Learnings
63:29 Transpharmation Motivational Quote of the Week & Next Week.
Resources and Links mentioned:
- Chemistworks Website
- Create a Twibbon for your Facebook or Twitter Profiles (and your pharmacies)
- Transpharmation Book
- Pharmacy Freedom Index
- Download your FREE Audiobook, and get a FREE 30-day Audible Trial
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim, Renee Mauborgne
Pharmacy Automation Case Study: Think Pharmacy Kippa-Ring (AUS)
Aprecia Zipdose 3D printed tablet Video
Transpharmation ‘Motivational’ Quote of the Week
“The best way to predict the future is to create it” – Peter Drucker
This week’s episode of ‘Transpharmation’ is brought to you by:
My 3 Key Learnings:
- Aspire to be a ‘Slasher’, What could you specialise in?
- Look at your processes for opportunities and maximise your patient-pharmacist contact
- Interpretation of patient data (clinical or wearable devices) = Opportunity
I value every review I receive and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU!
OVER TO YOU!
Let me know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!
Get your 34-page Transpharmation Magazine for FREE! (Click HERE)
Issue 3 out Wednesday (30th September)
- Bite-sized strategies from leading industry experts in 9 critical areas of your business:
- People Management
- Patient Experience
- Partnerships with Suppliers & Healthcare Practitioners
- IT Systems
- Read anywhere/anytime
- No app’s/software to download
- Subscriber bonuses worth over $400