High Performance Pharmacy Team
Did you know that a recent talent trends survey, of over 18,000 workers, found that 85% of employees want to leave our workplaces? As I remarked to our guest today, Roger Simpson from the Retail Solution, surely that number’s upside-down. But strangely enough, it isn’t. Despite our best efforts, we don’t manage our people well enough, we’re not attracting the right people, and we’re not keeping our best talent for long enough. If you would like to learn how you can transform your people management strategy, then you won’t want to miss this episode of the Transpharmation Show.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- What are the Common Pharmacy Recruitment Challenges and Mistakes
- What can we learn from from World Leading Employers: Apple, Zappos, Disney
- What are the 5 Fundamental Steps to managing your people better on the job
- What is the impact of a multi-generational workforce
- How to communicate effectively with every team member
- What technology tools can be used
00:49 First Segment
13:18 Introduction to Roger Simpson
16:45 Common Pharmacy Recruitment Challenges and Mistakes
21:05 Team Member Retention, The Facts
25:40 What we can learn from the world’s best? (Apple, Zappos, Disney)
29:00 The impact of a multi-generational workforce
35:25 5 Fundamental steps to managing your people better on the job
40:00 Supporting your managers, and being transparent with role expectations
43:30 How to change the way you manage team members, improving performance.
46:30 Team Communication Methods & Tools
49:43 Celebrating Success, Proactive Communication, and Continuous Improvement
53:04 Technology Tools to communicate with your team
57:00 The Future
60:18 3-Key Learnings
65:34 Transpharmation Motivational Quote of the Week & Next Week.
Resources and Links mentioned:
- The Retail Solution Website
- The Retail Solution Blog
- 85% of your staff want to leave you (article)
- The Retail Solution eBook (FREE)
- Episode 61 – Patrick Reid
- Register for the FREE Replay ‘Build your customised retail category’ masterclass with Hilary Kahn (Available until 23/9/15)
Transpharmation (The Book) is turning 1 on Tuesday! and to celebrate I’ll be giving you FREE (Normally $197) lifetime access to my popular ‘How to communicate effectively with your team in ONLY 20 minutes/week’ e-course (contains over 90 minutes of video, template, and tutorials), all you need to do is either:
Transpharmation ‘Motivational’ Quote of the Week
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do” – Steve Jobs
This week’s episode of ‘Transpharmation’ is brought to you by:
My 3 Key Learnings:
- To transform your people management approach, we need to become proactive not reactive. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
- Know your team’s strengths and weaknesses. Hire for Attitude, Train for Skill.
- A one-size fits all approach to managing your team and recruitment doesn’t work anymore. Especially in a multi-generational workforce
I value every review I receive and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU!
OVER TO YOU!
Let me know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!
Get your 34-page Transpharmation Magazine for FREE! (Click HERE)
- Bite-sized strategies from leading industry experts in 9 critical areas of your business:
- People Management
- Patient Experience
- Partnerships with Suppliers & Healthcare Practitioners
- IT Systems
- Read anywhere/anytime
- No app’s/software to download
- Subscriber bonuses worth over $400